Convincing your boss or C-suite that content marketing is right for your company has been a challenge to say the least. You’ve gone back and forth, but the conversation simply hasn’t gone anywhere.
But maybe you aren’t speaking the right language to your busy, budget-conscious executives. And maybe all they need are some cold, hard facts to see the bigger picture.
To help you get the green light for a content marketing strategy, we’ve compiled some statistics that will resonate with key decision makers at your company.
1. 95% of B2B enterprise marketers use content marketing (Content Marketing Institute).
2. 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing (Content Marketing Institute).
3. 50% of B2B marketers use content marketing for education and thought leadership (Social Media B2B).
4. Interesting content is one of the top three reasons people follow brands on social media (ContentPlus).
5. 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site (ContentPlus).
6. 60% of consumers say they feel better about a company after reading custom content, and more than half are more likely to buy from a company that provides custom media (Content Boost).
7. 82% of prospects say that content tailored to their industry is more valuable (Marketo).
8. 90% of organizations market with content (Content Marketing Institute).
9. 92% of surveyed editors prefer contributed content from industry experts and leaders rather than journalists (Influence & Co.).
10. Only 44% of B2B content marketers have a documented content strategy (Content Marketing Institute).
11. 77% of CMOs at top-performing companies indicate that their most compelling reason for implementing marketing automation is to increase sales (Pardot).
12. 78% of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing (Demand Metric).
13. With an ROI of around 4,300%, email marketing (combined with a strong content approach) practically pays for itself (Direct Marketing Association).
14. Content is the lifeblood of inbound that delivers 54% more leads into the marketing funnel than traditional outbound marketing (HubSpot).
15. In terms of content submissions, 86% of surveyed editors say they’re planning to increase the number of guest contributors (Influence & Co.).
16. 82% of marketers who blog see positive ROI for their inbound marketing (HubSpot).
17. 41% of marketers confirm content marketing’s positive ROI (HubSpot).
18. 44% of companies today outsource at least some of their content marketing (Content Marketing Institute).
19. 37% of marketers say blogs are the most valuable type of content marketing (ContentPlus).
20. B2C marketers spend 28% of their budgets on content marketing (Content Marketing Institute).
21. Content creation and management now claim the second-largest share of digital marketing budgets (Gartner).
Now that you’re equipped with the ammo you need to make your case, check out this free insiders’ guide to help create a strong foundation for your content strategy and streamline management for your content efforts. And remember: The purpose of pushing out content that excites and educates your audience is to position you as a credible, forward-thinking company in your space. What business leader wouldn’t want that recognition?